Parent Code of Conduct
The Woodland Park FC Soccer Club takes pride on the conduct of both the kids involved and their parents. To be involved in our club, parents and kids have to sign a code of conduct prior to any involvement in the club.
The Woodland Park FC Soccer Club Board
Woodland Park FC Soccer Club
Parent Code of Conduct Agreement
The Woodland Park FC Soccer Club seeks to instill positive character-building traits in our youth-athletes through the demonstration of good sportsmanship, respect for others, responsibility, fairness, caring, and good citizenship. We ask that parents and their guests attending WPFC sponsored events help us by reflecting these character traits.
When attending WPFC sponsored events, I therefore agree:
- I will be a positive role model for my athlete and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every event.
- I will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing, taunting or using profane language or gestures, etc.
- I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and wellbeing of the athletes.
- I will teach my athlete to play by the rules and within the spirit of the game and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I will demand that my athlete treat other players, coaches, officials, and spectators with respect regardless of race, sex, or ability.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my athlete or other participant for making a mistake before, during, or after a practice or competition.
- I will respect the officials and coaches and their authority during games or practices. I will take time to speak with coaches in a non-confrontational manner at an agreed upon time and place.
- I will refrain from coaching my athlete or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
- I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my athlete or the safety of others.
- I agree to pay all my required registration, uniform, and Pride fees by the stated deadlines or else risk termination of my athlete’s placement without refunds.
I understand that by participating in the WPFC program, I agree to uphold the WPFC Parent Code of Conduct. I realize that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Verbal warning by official, head coach, and/or Board member
- Written warning
- Parental game suspension with written documentation of incident
- Parental season suspension
- Potential termination of athlete’s participation in the WPFC program