Woodland Park FC Soccer Club
Player Code of Conduct Agreement
The Woodland Park FC Soccer Club seeks to instill positive character-building traits in our youth-athletes through the demonstration of good sportsmanship, respect for others, responsibility, fairness, caring, and good citizenship. We ask that athletes in the WPFC program reflect these character traits.
As an athlete involved in the Woodland Park FC Soccer Program, I therefore agree:
- I will not use any profane language or gestures.
- I will respect my coaches at all times and listen carefully to their instructions. I understand that they are giving their time to make me a better soccer player.
- I will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct, and I will always support and respect my teammates and opponents. I will not tease, ridicule, put down, or make fun of any players on my team or the opposing team at any time.
- I understand that my behavior reflects on my teammates, my coaches, and the WPFC program. I will always be on my best behavior at games, practices, and other club events.
- I will not complain about penalties or calls made by the officials, and I will respect the officials and their decisions at all times. I understand that they are enforcing the rules of soccer.
- I will show good sportsmanship, both when winning and losing. I will always congratulate the other team and wish them good luck.
- I will be committed to developing as a soccer player. This includes attending practice, listening to my coach, and always giving my best effort.
- I will arrive at practices and games on time and prepared. I understand that it is my responsibility to have all of my equipment packed and ready to play a game.
- I will always leave the field clean and in good condition, at both practices and game locations.
- I will not use any illegal substance, and I will never bring drugs, alcohol, tobacco products, or weapons of any kind to any club events.
I understand that by participating in the WPFC program, I promise to uphold the WPFC Player Code of Conduct. I realize that if I fail to abide by these guidelines, it may result in:
- Talking to parent(s)
- Sitting out of practice
- Loss of playing time for part of or all of a game
- Termination of my participation in the WPFC program